Biporjoy Cyclone Loss Assistance: Due to Biporjoy Cyclone in the state in June-2023, many areas were affected in the state of Gujarat. In such areas there have been cases of total or partial loss of residential raw/paved houses due to storms.
Therefore, the State Government considered on humanitarian basis the issue of providing assistance in “special cases” from the State Budget in addition to the resolution (1) read reference to SDRF was under consideration. Regarding which the Government has decided to decide as follows at the end of mature consideration. Requirement to pay cash assistance to such displaced affected area persons by the Administration to remove the difficulty of obtaining daily necessities of life is to be paid as per Revenue Department’s reference dated 18/03/2021.
Beporjoy Hurricane Loss Assistance Highlight
|Name of the scheme||Bepourjoy hurricane loss assistance|
|section||Revenue Department, Gujarat|
|Who will benefit?||Affected people|
|Date of resolution||20-06-2023|
Big decision of Gujarat Govt
Citizens affected by Cyclone Biporjoy are in dire need of immediate assistance. So this amount of assistance has been decided to be given in cash. Who will get this assistance and in which districts? We will get its complete information.
Resolution No. 1 of the Revenue Department lays down norms for payment of daily cash assistance (CashDolls) to people affected by natural calamities.
After resolution of Introduction-2, instructions to pay all assistance under SDRF/NDRF to the affected beneficiary through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) or PFMS (Public Fund Management System) into the bank account are in effect. But, in the current scenario, banking transactions will be difficult in the affected areas.
Under Biporjoy hurricane loss assistance
Rs.2,500/- as clothing assistance and Rs.2,500/- as household assistance per family as per SDRF norms in the districts affected by Cyclone Biporjoy and heavy rain i.e. total Rs.5,000/- and Rs.2 from the state government budget, 000/- is decided to pay a total of Rs.7,000/- (per family) as clothing and household assistance. Building Assistance:-
- An assistance of Rs.1,20,000/- from SDRF for residential raw/paved house which is totally destroyed or severely damaged,
- In case of partially damaged residential raw/paved houses,
- Rs.6,500/- from SDRF and Rs.8,500/- from State Government budget for a total of Rs.15,000/- in case of partially damaged concrete house (available only if there is at least 15% damage).
- In case of partially damaged green house (available only if there is at least 15% damage) Rs.4,000/- from SDRF and Rs.6,000/- from the State Government budget for a total assistance of Rs.10,000/-.
Totally destroyed or partially damaged shacks received assistance of Rs.8,000/- from SDRF and Rs.2,000/- from the State Government budget for a total of Rs.10,000/-.
- Rs.3,000/- from SDRF and Rs.2,000/- from State Government budget totaling Rs.5,000/- for damage to cattle shed associated with the house.
Conditions Relating to Receiving Hurricane Loss Assistance
- In cases where it is mentioned from the budget of the State Government, the expenditure will have to be met from the funds of the State Government.
- The norms and procedures of the State Disaster Response Fund will be as per the guidelines read by the Government of India.
- Expenditure incurred from State Government funds will have to be met separately.
- The provisions of this resolution will apply as a “special case” to the districts in the area affected by Cyclone Biporjoy in June-2023.
- In respect of forced building which has to follow the policy rules of that department and this has to be considered as assistance only. This assistance does not confer any kind of legitimacy.
- This resolution is issued as per the approval received vide Government’s note dated 19/06/2023 on the same file.
Assistance will be available in these districts
- Devbhumi Dwarka
- Gir Somnath
In these circumstances, it becomes very difficult to deposit and withdraw cashdol amount in the affected ISMO account. Thus, the issue of cash assistance was under consideration to provide immediate relief to the affected citizens. Therefore, considering the matter in the districts affected by Cyclone Biporjoy, the Government decides as follows.
|Official Notification for Loss Assistance||Click here|
|home page||Click here|