Live transcribe and sound notifications make everyday conversations and ambient sounds more accessible to deaf and hard of hearing people using your Android phone or tablet.
On most devices, you can directly access Live Transcribe and Sound Notifications with these steps
1. Open your device’s Settings app.
2. Tap Accessibility, then tap Live Transcribe or Sound Notifications, depending on which app you want to launch.
3. Use the accessibility button, gesture or quick setting (https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/7650693) to start a live transcribe or sound notification.
Sound notifications For Live Transcribe And Notification
- Receive personalized situational alerts based on potentially dangerous situations and noises occurring in the home (for example, smoke alarms, sirens, baby noises).
- Add custom sounds to get notified when your devices beep. • Receive notifications with a flashing light or vibration on your mobile device or wearable.
- Timeline view lets you go back in history to see what’s happening around you (currently limited to 12 hours).
Real-time transcription For Live Transcribe And Notification
- Transcribes in real-time. As the words are spoken, the text appears on your device.
- Choose from over 80 languages and dialects and quickly switch between two languages.
- Add custom words that you use frequently, such as names or household items.
Set your device to vibrate when someone says your name.
- Write the answers in your conversation. Bring your device’s keyboard and type your words for continuous dialogue. The transcription appears even as you type.
- See the volume of the speaker compared to the sound in your environment. You can use this sound indicator to adjust your voice when you speak.
- Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets and USB mics for better audio reception.
Referring back to the transcription For Live Transcribe And Notification
- Choose to save the transcription for 3 days. Saved transcriptions will stay locally on your device for up to 3 days, so you can copy and paste them elsewhere. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.)
- Search in saved transcriptions.
- Touch and hold text in transcription to copy and paste.
Requirements For Live Transcribe And Notification
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above.
Live Transcribe and Sound Notification was created in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier Deaf and Hard of Hearing University in the US.
Notice of Permission For Live Transcribe And Notification
Microphone: Live Transcribe requires microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. Audio is not stored after the transcription is processed. Sound notifications require microphone access to hear sounds happening around you. Audio is also not stored after processing is complete.
Accessibility Service: Since this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions.