PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening 2023: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) PM Jan Dhan Yojana is the National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner. An account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (BankP Mitr) outlet. PMJDY Accounts are being opened with Zero balance.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening 2023 Application Form
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is the National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
The account can be opened at any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. Accounts opened during PMJDY are being opened with zero balance. However, if the account-holder wishes to get the checkbook, he/she will have to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
Documents required to open an account under
- If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other documents is required. If address has changed, then a self certification of current address is sufficient.
- If Aadhaar Card is not available, then any one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport & NREGA Card. If these documents also contain your address, it can serve both as Proof of Identity and Address.
- If a person does not have any of the “officially valid documents” mentioned above, but it is categorized as low risk by the banks, then he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
- Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
- Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Special Benefits under
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental Insurance cover of Rs. 1 Lac under Rupay Scheme and for accounts opened after 28-08-2018 accidental Insurance Cover is of Rs. 2 lac
- No minimum balance required.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs.30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition i.e. accounts opened between 15.08.2014 – 31.01.2015.
- Easy Transfer of money across India
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PM Jan Dhan Yojana shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at same Bank channels) and off-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at other Bank Channels) within 90 days prior to date of accident including accident date will be included as eligible transactions under the Rupay Insurance Program 2016-2017.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs. 10000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household subject to eligibility and Overdraft for Rs. 2000/- is hassel free
Documents required for opening an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- driving license
- PAN card
- Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government,
Letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing details of name, address and Aadhaar number, or any other document notified by the Central Government in consultation with the regulator, provided that simplified measures are applied to verify the identity of customers , the following documents shall be considered as officially valid documents:-
Identity card bearing the photograph of the applicant issued by Central / State Government Departments, Statutory / Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions
- Letter issued by a Gazetted Officer with duly attested photograph of the individual.
Bank Details where the account is being opened
- Name of the Bank Branch
- Name of the applicant’s Village or Town
- Sub District or Block Name
- SSA Code or Ward Number
- Village Code or Town Code
Scheme Applicant’s Details
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Name of Father/Spouse
- Pin Code
- Telephone and Mobiel No.
- Aadhar Number
- MNREGA Job Card Number
- Annual Income
- Number of dependents
- Asset Details
- Existing Bank Account Number if any
- Kisan Credit Card Details.
- Name of Nominee
- Date of Birth of Nominee in case of minor
- Person authorized to receive funds in the event of minor nominee’s death
Jan Dhan Yojana Online PM Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening 2023 Application Form
> PM Jan Dhan Yojana Download Form (English) – Click Here
> PM Jan Dhan Yojana Download Form (Hindi) – Click Here
> Story of PMJDY – Click Here
> Jan-Suraksha – Click Here
> Mudra – Click Here
> SIDBI – Click Here
> RBI – Click Here
> National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE) – Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions on PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)