PM Swamitva Yojana Details
PM Swamitva Yojana 2022 : SVAMITVA, a Central Sector scheme of Ministry of Panchayati Raj to provide ‘Record of Rights’ to village household owners with issuance of legal ownership cards (Property cards/Title deeds) to the property owners by mapping of land parcels using drone technology.
The scheme seeks to achieve the following objectives
- Creation of accurate land records for rural planning and reduce property related disputes.
- To bring financial stability to the citizens in rural India by enabling them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- Determination of property tax, which would accrue to the GPs directly in States where it is devolved or else, add to the State exchequer.
- Creation of survey infrastructure and GIS maps that can be leveraged by any department for their use.
- To support in preparation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by making use of GIS maps
Scheme is a reformative step towards establishment of clear ownership of property in rural inhabited (Abadi) areas, by mapping of land parcels using drone technology and providing ‘Record of Rights’ to village household owners with issuance of legal ownership cards (Property cards/Title deeds) to the property owners.
There are about 6.62 lakh villages in the country which will be eventually covered in this scheme. The entire work is likely to be spread over a period of five years.
PM Swamitva Yojana Benefits
- Ownership/Swamitva Cards is provided to rural property owners
- villagers can avail bank finance using their property card as collateral as these cards serve as an official document.
PM Swamitva Yojana Eligibility
Citizens having property in rural inhabited (Abadi) areas are eligible under this scheme.
PM Swamitva Yojana Exclusions
Agricultural Lands are not covered under this scheme.
PM Swamitva Yojana Application Process
- Permissions to conduct the survey.
- Organize Gram Sabha – to inform about the schedule of the survey and to sensitize about
- the surveying methodology and its benefits to the villagers.
- Identification and marking of Property –
- Government assets, gram Sabha land parcels, individual properties, roads, open plots etc.
- Delineate property parcels – Ground team and owners demarcate the property by chunna lines
- Finalization of the boundary and survey area
- Public Notification – To notify the survey area
- Permission for flying Drones
- Establishment of CORS network
- Setting up Ground control points
- Acquisition/Capturing of drone images
- Processing of Drone data – Image processing & Feature Extraction
- Data verification and ground truthing
- Digital maps – Base maps generation and preparation of digital maps
Post Survey Activities
- Inquiry/Objection process – Survey officials verify ownership of the land parcels, with the help of gram Sabha, land owners, and review of existing documents
- Issuance of Property Cards Distribution of property cards to village household owners (legal document of property ownership).
- Regular Update of records and storage
- Training and capacity building of government officials
The property owners in village Abadi area has to present the required documents as demanded by revenue officials to prove identity and ownership.